Maintain biodiversity within mixed-use landscapes
- Promote understanding of ecologies that are strongly evidence based, as a base to develop strategies for conservation management of species outside protected areas.
- Develop partnership with various parties to support and cooperate in gathering different aspects of knowledge on how to manage mixed use landscapes.
- Develop learning and training source of practical conservation.
- Systematic field inventories of flora and fauna and establish a permanent record of species identities, distribution, national protection, IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) Red list and CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species) status, time and locations for all species observed;
- Identify, design and provide assistance in sustainable area management, through species management, enrichment and restoration of habitats by planting of local trees, fruit trees and other valuable flora;
- Develop resources for learning and training in practical conservation management for the public and the private sector. Practical conservation programs are offered to companies by transferring knowledge and conservation program, which is well integrated into the company’s operational activities as well as communicate with the local communities on the changes of their traditional livelihoods;
- Communicate and collaborate with governmental bodies, education and science institutions, as well as local communities and private sectors to achieve understanding and a common strategy to manage conservation sustainably, and give field experience opportunities for students and teachers.
WHO WE ARE
Yayasan Konservasi Khatulistiwa Indonesia, YASIWA, is a not-for-profit foundation established by virtue of the laws of the Republic of Indonesia on 21 June 2012 based on the Deed of Establishment of Foundation made before Dessy Indrashanty, S.H., Notary in South Tangerang, Indonesia and its Articles of Association has been approved by the Minister of Laws and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia pursuant to Decree No. AHU-5490.AH.01.04.Tahun 2012 dated 5 September 2012. Purpose of its establishment is to encourage and support conservation management and design conservation policies for mixed-use landscapes, particularly in Indonesia.
Nur Linda Isa
Copyrigth 2021. Yayasan Konservasi Khatulistiwa Indonesia.